Interesting Facts About Propane
Propane is an excellent source of energy! You can literally run everything on it. You can run businesses, apartment buildings, cars, farming equipment, agricultural dryers, and much much more. There are probably a ton of stuff that you don’t know about propane! Today we are racking our brains to think up all of the amazing g facts we can think of about propane!
- Propane is a naturally occurring substance found together with natural gas and petroleum deposits. It is isolated as a byproduct of natural gas production and petroleum-refining processes.
- Propane will not ignite when combined with air unless the source of ignition reaches 920 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Propane gas does not pool, or spill, or leave a residue. It is harmless to soil or water if a tank leaks!
- Propane is an odorless gas, an odor is added to detect leaks.
- Many propane appliances, vehicles, and tools have a longer life than their electric or gasoline counterparts.
- Propane is one of the cleanest, lightest, simplest hydrocarbons that we know of!!. Propane is so clean that it’s not even considered a greenhouse gas.
- Liquid Propane is half the weight of water!
- Propane is 1 ½ times heavier than air and will stay low to the ground.
- Almost 90% of propane is made right here in the U.S.
- The propane industry is hugely growing in the U.S.
- The propane industry employs over 250,000 people in America.
- Most of the propane that comes from elsewhere comes from Canada or Mexico.
- 23.5 cubic feet of air is required to burn one cubic foot of propane.
- Propane is a much more energy efficient form of energy than its counterparts.
- Full combustion of propane produces clean water vapor and carbon dioxide.
- Liquid propane boils from liquid to vapor at -44F.
- It’s the cleanest burning fossil fuels.
- They make propane powered whole house generators!
- It takes less propane energy than electricity to run the same appliance.
- Propane is Nontoxic.
- The founder of the propane gas industry was named Walter O. Snelling. He was the first person to identify the volatile component in gasoline. After the discovery, he quickly realized its tremendous potential.
- Many industries are choosing to use propane as a cost-effective fuel for their vehicles.
- Propane is very popular for farm use. Everything from irrigation pumps to pest control is fueled by propane. It’s an essential part of grain driers, flame cultivation, fruit ripening, and food refrigeration.
- Propane furnaces create a warmer heat than their electric heat pump counterparts. They also last, on average, 20 years while electric heat pumps last an average of 12 years.
- Over 48 million homes and businesses use propane for water and space heating.
Honestly, we could almost go on forever with things that we know about the amazing fuel that is propane. You can work all of your appliances, literally your entire home can run on propane! You can get propane powered vehicles that last longer. Propane is a green non toxic solution to our greenhouse gas emissions issue!
If you are more than ready to to learn more about switching to propane then give us a call at CoEnergy Propane!