It has been proven for years that our cars will run perfectly on fuels such as liquid propane (also known as LP) and natural gas. This technology has been around since mid 60’s and is currently being used by approximately 350,000 vehicles in North America. Coenergy Propane does propane vehicle conversions and most of our trucks run on propane. Come in today and see what we can do for you.
Advantages to converting your car to liquid propane (LP) are:
– Cost, average price for propane is at around 50% less than regular gasoline
– Propane is easier on your engine, no build up, your spark plugs will breathe easier too
– You can simply switch between running your car on regular gasoline or propane
– The equipment can be uninstalled for use in your next vehicle.
Here are some facts about propane, why we love it and how its a safe alternative to gas.
- Propane is an approved, alternative clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act as well as the National Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- More than 14 million families use propane to fuel their furnaces, water heaters, air conditioners, outdoor grills, fire places, dryers, and ranges.
- Propane is used on 865,000 U.S. farms for irrigation pumps, grain dryers, standby generators, and other farm equipment. It is an essential fuel for crop drying, flame cultivation, fruit ripening, space and water heating, and food refrigeration.
- Propane is easy to transport and can be used in areas beyond the natural gas mains. Because it is 270 times more compact as a liquid than as a gas, it is economical to store and transport as a liquid.
- Millions choose this clean-burning fuel for bus, taxi, delivery, and other fleets to minimize air pollution in metropolitan areas.
- Propane is one of the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels.
- If liquid propane leaks, it doesn’t puddle but instead vaporizes and dissipates into the air.
- Neither the process by which propane is produced nor the combustion of propane gas produces significant acid rain contaminants.
- By using propane gas instead of electricity, consumers can cut emissions and help preserve the environment.